This year local businesses have been very generous as usual and donated raffle prizes.
Prizes include Round of Golf at Hollins Hall for 4 inc buggy hire, restaurant vouchers, Hesketh Farm Voucher, beauty vouchers, luxury hampers, pet walking services an advent Lego set and much more.
Thank you to all the local business that have
donated raffle prizes so far these include:
Hollins Hall, Hesketh Farm, Ribston Pippin, Aspire To Be, Bettys, Seabrook Crisps, Kashmiri Restaurant, The Co-Op, Menston, Precious Pets, Wharfedale Paws
Tickets on sale from week beginning 4th November . Please check your child’s book bag for raffle tickets and Christmas Fayre information sheet. Or click on link below.
Thank you Fomps Team
DATE FOR DAIRY: XMAS FAYRE SATURDAY 7TH DECEMBER 2019 4.00-6.00pm
The Christmas Fayre is fast approaching. It’s on Saturday 7th December 2019.
This year we have been presented with an opportunity to participate in the Menston village Christmas Light up event on the 7th December 4-6pm. We have taken the decision, based on conversations with school leadership and the committee, to work collaboratively this year and step up as the heart of the village. We are providing the nucleus for an event that will bring the whole community together in an endeavour to celebrate the Christmas season. Choosing not to include ourselves but to carry on as normal would have put us in competition with the many other things in December. We will do almost everything we always do, but over at Kirklands community centre that will host the village wide event. We all love Menston because it is a small community and we can take an active role in promoting that following the school’s motto ‘Making our world a better place’.19, starting at 4pm through to 6pm.
We will have all the usual favourite stalls including the ever-popular Tombola, the Christmas Raffle, Jolly Jam Jars, cake stall and café, including, hot pork rolls, mulled wine and hot chocolate, , plus of course the chance to meet Santa!
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
If you can spare an hour or 2 on the day to man a stall or help with any preparation work prior to the fayre please click on the link below and put your name and number into the table to volunteer at the christmas fayre. We couldn’t put on any events without lovely parent helpers! For more info about what is needed, or if you have another way you would like to support the event then please contact Naomi on 07903139630. Alternatively contact any member of the FoMPs committee or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
REMEMBER MANY HANDS MAKE LIGHT WORK! THANK YOU
Look forward to seeing you there! Please keep checking the website for more information as the big day gets nearer.
Please find attached a breakdown of our committees roles. If you fancy joining the team please do get in touch.
Menston’s Got Talent!
…And we’re not afraid to show it!
Talent Show & Disco – show us what you’ve got!
When: 16th March 2019
Where: Kirklands Community Centre on
Time: doors open 4pm for a 4.30pm start. Disco to follow 6pm-7pm
All Menston Primary School children welcome
BOOK YOUR TICKETS HERE
Tickets can be booked via Eventbrite. (Capacity is limited due to venue size so please book to avoid disappointment!)
TO PAY FOR AN ADULT TICKET CLICK HERE
TO PAY FOR A CHILDS TICKET CLICK HERE
Payment for Tickets is via Paypal (see above) or cash on the day. £3 Adults £2 children.
Here’s the small print:
- Performers will need to be at Kirklands at 3pm on the day for a quick run through of the show. To be included please see details below for how to register.
- All children must have a responsible adult there with them.
- Doors will open to audience tickets at 4pm and the show will begin at 4.30pm.
- Afterwards there will be a disco with food and drink available to purchase.
- Tickets are priced at £3 for adults and £2 for children. Numbers are limited due the capacity of the community centre so please do book.
If your child / children wants to participate please email email@example.com with
the following information:
1. Child’s name
3. Act (eg. Magic/ singing/ etc and please tell us if they plan to perform as a pair/ group and who the other children are)
4. Approximate length of the act (acts should aim to be around two to three minutes in length).
5. Any equipment or backing music needed (acts should aim to bring their own props/ musical instruments etc., but may need a microphone/ a certain piece of music to be played/ access to a piano or keyboard for example)
6. Contact information for parent submitting the information
If you do not have email access, contact Naomi 07903 139630.